DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A WORK AND HOLIDAY VISA
The Work and Holiday program is a special program for tertiary educated people aged 18 to 30 (inclusive) at the time of application, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment of up to 6 months with any single employer. Short term study of up to 4 months is also allowed. This visa program has an annual limit of 100 Work and Holiday visas per year.
NOTE: Nationals of Turkey applying under this program must be nominated by the Turkish Government. The nomination process is administered by the Turkish Higher Education Council (YOK).
The Australian Government does not have any role in the nomination process for Turkish nationals. For specific requirements - including current student status, academic qualifications, and military service obligations – all enquiries on the nomination process should be directed to YOK (+90 312 298 7000, www.yok.gov.tr).
Visa applications will not be accepted without the approved nomination from the Turkish Government.
• Application Form (Form 1208);
• Letter of approval / support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs agreeing to your stay in Australia under the Work and Holiday visa agreement – the selection process will be administrated by your university in conjunction with Higher Education Council (YOK);
• Evidence of the applicant’s tertiary qualifications (university diploma or degree);
• Evidence of the applicant’s level of English language ability - IELTS test result of at least 4.5; or evidence of post secondary tuition in English (all tuition must have been in English); or language ability may be assessed through interview;
• Evidence of adequate funds of the applicant’s initial stay in Australia and onwards fare – bank statement (minimum of 5000A$) plus return airfare);
• Evidence of adequate health insurance for 12 months stay in Australia;
• Valid passport (should be valid for at least the period of your intended journey);
• Original of Turkish family status certificate (showing; the applicant’s parents, all siblings, all spouse(s) and all child/children – if any- together with explanations part);
• Original of criminal record check / penal clearance (required for each person included in the application who is over 16). A criminal record check / penal clearance must be submitted for each country you have resided in for 12 months or more in the past 10 years;
• Form 80 - all questions should be answered and completed properly (required for each male person included in the application who is over 18).
• Original or certified copy of your identification card (with photo);
• 2 passport type colour photographs;
IMPORTANT NOTE: You cannot include family members in your application for this visa. If a family member or your partner wants to come with you to Australia, they must apply for their own visa to Australia. You must not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised that your visa has been granted.
• Any documents which are required must be submitted in the original or as a certified copy of the original. All documents which are not in English, must be submitted with a certified English translation as a
- a notary public certified translation; or
- translated by translator who is a member of any translators/interpreters association; or
- translated by a translator who is a member of National Accreditation Authority for Translators or Interpreters (NAATI) in Australia
The certificate which shows the documents were translated by an authorized translator having the above qualifications should be attached to the application.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS FULLY AND COMPLETELY IN THE APPLICATION AND SPONSORSHIP FORMS AND PROVIDE ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING DELAYED.
YOUR PASSPORT AND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU BY COURIER WHEN YOUR APPLICATION IS FINALISED. THE COST FOR DELIVERY WILL BE CHARGED FROM YOU BY THE COURIER COMPANY.
For further information on Temporary Residence (non-business) Occupational Trainee Visa,