Contract: Fixed Term
Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
Applications are invited for the domestic staff position of a Housekeeper/Cleaner at an official diplomatic residence in Istanbul. Employment will be offered on a fixed-term contract basis. The remuneration package will include recreational and personal days, uniform allowance and medical benefits.
About the Position
Under the supervision of the employer, or that of family members, the position is responsible for maintaining the residence in good order and good cleanliness, including its surroundings and furnishings. This is a live out position.
Key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
· Ensure the household is well maintained and its furnishings are kept at a high standard.
· Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
· Perform housekeeping and light maintenance duties.
· Request repair services, manage tradespersons and other persons engaged for the upkeep of the residence.
· Sort clothing, linen and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
· Maintaining the kitchen and undertaking some food handling/preparation.
· Preparing the residence for events, including setting the table and assisting with food service.
· Other household duties as required.
· Experience cleaning and maintaining homes. Experience in diplomatic households will be considered favourably.
· A high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
· Flexibility, including willingness to adjust working days and hours to meet requirements.
· Sufficient spoken English to clearly understand instructions and communicate information.
Further information and applications can be found here. Applications close on 24 August 2018.
The Fair Work Act 2009 is not intended to apply to the employment of locally engaged staff. The successful applicant’s employment will be regulated by the laws of Turkey.