Australian Embassy
Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia

Changes to Lodgement Methods Family Stream

On 1 July 2018 changes have been made to how and where to lodge certain Family Stream visa applications.

Partner and Prospective Marriage - For people who are married, engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen.

Applications for Partner and Prospective Marriage (subclass 820, 801, 309, 100 & 300) visas must be lodged online via ImmiAccount. Payment of the visa application charge will also need to be made online via the ImmiAccount portal. You can no longer apply for these visas in person. Paper applications will not be accepted.

Please see link.

Other family

All applications for Other Family visas will need to be sent by post or courier service to the Perth Visa and Citizenship Office. You will no longer be able to lodge your application at one of our overseas offices or contracted Service Delivery Partners. This includes:

  • Carer (subclass 116 and 836) visas,
  • Remaining Relative (subclass 115 and 835) visas, and
  • Aged Dependent Relative (subclass 114 and 838) visas.

Application and sponsorship forms for Other Family visas are available on the Home Affairs website. Payment of the visa application charge can be made online through the ImmiAccount portal. Online lodgement is not currently available for Other Family visas, completed forms must be sent to the processing office in Perth.

Unfinalised applications which were lodged at an overseas office are currently being transferred to the Perth processing office, applicants will be notified when their application has been transferred.

Please see link.


Parent visa applicants (subclasses 103, 804, 173, 143, 884 and 864) must send their completed visa applications to the Perth Visa and Citizenship Office by post or courier. You can no longer lodge a Parent visa application in person.